Placement Report 2019-2020
Corporate Interface and Placement cell at New Delhi Institute of Management has been continuously working towards creating fruitful opportunities for their students and at the same time upgrading their skills to become a better fit in the industry.
Placement Drives: Over 60 companies have visited the NDIM campus over the last three months to take part in mega Job Fair and Campus Recruitment through placement drives. Our students have got the opportunities to get internships and placements with top notch organisations like ONGC and NTPC. More than 100 final placements and 360 summer internships have been created by the institution in the last few months. The objective has been to create ample opportunities for our learners and in no way they lose out to competition with other institutes.
Industrial Visits: Industrial visit has its own importance in a career of a student who is pursuing a professional degree. With an aim to go beyond academics and to gives students an exposure to current work practices as opposed to possibly theoretical knowledge being taught at college, Industrial visits are arranged for Amul on 3rd Sept 2019 to Bombay Stock Exchange, Renewable energy expo 27th Sept 2019, Parle on 10th Oct 2019, Coca Cola on 30th Jan 2020 and Yakult on 1st Feb 2020.
Corporate Talks: Eminent personalities have been invited through Corporates talks on various contemporary issues and these have been conducted for the students overall learning experience. A few details are as mentioned below:
- Talk on “Employee Value Proposition” by Mr Samaresh Saha, Director and Owner White Canvas India on 8th Feb 2019
- Talk on “Importance of Social Listening” by Vandana Nagpaul, Owner of Nagpaul Consultancy on 28th Feb 2019
- Talk on Workforce HR Analytics’ by Maj Gen Neeraj Bali on 29th March 2019
- Talk on ‘Investing in mutual funds’ by Praveen Malhotra, GM Genpact on 15th April 2019
- Talk on ‘An insight about insurance’ by Mr Junaid GM, Shriram Life Insurance on 17th Oct 2019
- Talk on ‘Contemporary issues in Indian business’ by Ms. Jharna, Head Talent Acquisition, UASI on 14th Nov 2019
- Talk on ‘The Workforce Crisis 2030’ by Ms. Jhanvi, HRAI on 14th Jan 2020
- Talk on ‘Digital Marketing and Blockchain’ by Ms Deepa Sayal, CEO ADG Online Solutions Pvt Ltd on 17th Jan 2020
- Talk on Growing Importance of CSR activities in today’s world by Ms. Meenakshi, Lakshay Jeevan Jagriti on 27th Jan 2020
- Talk on Quality Certification by Mr. Anuj Goel, VQMS on 4th Feb 2020
Job Fair: A mega Job fair was conducted by NDIM at its campus for all BBA program students across different institutions of Delhi/NCR. More than 20 companies and 400 participants participated in the Job Fair on 3rd March 2020. Many students were offered final placements on the same day of the interview. The average packages offered to the students of NDIM go up to 3.5 lakhs. Students have been placed with brands like Eigo Pathshala, NIIT Technologies, Dawnbit Technologies, Hindustan Wellness and Vouchagram in last few months.
Career Counselling Sessions: Career Counselling Sessions have been organised in the campus as a part of the campus to corporate program by :-
- Mr Jitender Dhaka from Career India on 23rd October 2019
- Mr Navneet from Career Launcher on 27th Jan 2020
- Mr Navneet from Career Launcher on 4th Feb 2020.
Campus to Corporate Program: The Campus to Corporate Program emphasizes learning beyond the curriculum through mock interviews, GD’s, PDP’s, resumes building sessions, seminars, role plays, group exercise, field visits, surveys, workshops, corporate talks, mentoring sessions, online workshops, resume building, personal interview, dressing etiquette and effective communication skills. Personality development programmes have been organised by the Corporate Interface and Placement Cell for the benefit of students as they come from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Our teachers have been mentoring the students on one to one basis in small groups, therefore conducting small sessions like mock interviews, resume creation, mock GD’s, personal grooming sessions etc.
Webinars Conducted: Amidst COVID-19 lockdown, numerous webinars have been conducted by the Cell and industry experts have been invited to address the students. A few of these are:
- A live session by Dr. S.K Gupta, MD & CEO - IPA of ICAI (Cost) on “A winning attitude will change your life” on 23rd April 2020.
- A live session by Mr Samaresh Shah Founder, White Canvas India on “Being Relevant vs the Best” on 29th April 2020.
- A live session by Dr. Anjuman Nayyar Holistics consultant psychologist expert, on “Mental health and wellness” on 30th April 2020.
- A live session by Ms. Chavii Prabhakar Co-Founder & CEO at Global Indian Solutions, on Economy – Pre Covid and Post COVID on 6th May, 2020.
- A live session by Ms. Kanika Dalmia a certified POSH enabler from the Ministry of Women and Child Development, on Corporate Behavioral Skills on 20th May, 2020.
- A live session by MS. Shivangi Narula, A Corporate trainer from the British Council, on Corporate Behavioral Skills on 21st May, 2020.
Alumni Talk Series: Alumni are the foundations of an Institute and acts as a torchbearer for their upcoming generation. Alumni Talk Series is a platform where senior Alumni interact with the current students and guide them by sharing open feedback. Recently on 1st May 2020 a talk by Mr. Prince Raj Kashyap working as an HR Executive has interacted with the students on expectations from the corporate world.
Corporate Interface and Placement cell is continuously sharing work from home opportunities with the students and keeping them abreast with various webinars happening during this period organised by institutions like DMA, FICCI, UN Global Compact etc. Many work from home , internship and other opportunities are being shared with the students daily so as keep them updated and interested towards the industry trends.
- FINAL PLACEMENTS - 101 +
- SUMMER INTERNSHIPS - 360
- MAJOR RECRUITERS - 60 +
- AVERAGE PACKAGE OFFERED - 2 Lakhs
- HIGHEST STIPEND OFFERED – 20 K
- SECTORS FOR PLACEMENTS - 8 +
- SECTORS FOR INTERNSHIPS – 15 +
- PLACEMENT OFFERS - 190 +
- INTERNSHIP OFFERS – 400 +