To promote growth in the education sector through vertical and horizontal sharing of ideas, strategies, and resources
Two verticals – one for NGOs, and one for school students – to promote regular discussion through panels, seminars, hand-holding, and networking, on issues ailing the education sector, as well as to make the youth more employable as well as socially conscious, through exposure programmes and social entrepreneurship.
NITI for NGOs
NITI will provide assistance to the NGOs through the following methods
- Networking – By bringing education-centred NGOs under one roof through regular moderated meet-ups and panel discussions, NGOs will be able to develop a best-practices model through learning from each other
- Mentoring and Hand-Holding – Through its Mentor Panel, NITI will bring NGOs success stories from various domains, chiefly education, while also promoting discussion on regulatory compliance and finances
- Manpower – Through its extensive tie-ups with institutions, and its own manpower of over 1000 young and enthusiastic students, NDIM through NITI will help NGOs source the manpower they need to successfully scale up
- Recognition – Through its NITI Awards, to be held on October 16th, presented to the NGO that has achieved the most in the last year by an eminent personality, and with significant media presence, NDIM through NITI will provide upcoming NGOs and social entrepreneurs the recognition they deserve.
NITI for Schools
NDIM through NITI seeks to promote the spirit of social entrepreneurship and problem-solving at a young age, and understands that the solution must be top-down as well as bottom-up.
Thus, NITI for Schools will be in two stages
- Panel Discussion for School Principals/Administrators/Teachers on September 28th, 2019 on Igniting Young Minds to Bring About Social Change
- NITI Awards for the best student proposal on solving a social problem. The proposal will be in the form of a document, and the best proposals will receive a cash award and a certificate at the NITI Awards on October 16th, 2019.
- Increased employability through regular participation in courses and programmes to make the students college-ready, as well as socially conscious.
NITI Mentor Panel
For expert guidance, mentorship, and to add value through their knowledge and experience, NITI has established a mentor panel with the following names :
Dr. Balmiki Prasad
Committee of Parliament on Official Language
Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), Govt. of India
Founder, Routes 2 Roots
An Honours graduate from Delhi University, Rakesh has done pioneering work in the field of IT and has been the quintessential founder of the concept of Call Centres/BPOs in India.
He has been an active Rotarian and has contributed immensely to promote the ideology of Routes 2 Roots internationally. He has been a founder member of Routes 2 Roots and has contributed immensely to foster cultural activities internationally. Student exchange programme 'Exchange for Change', which is a prestigious project of their NGO, has been steered by him, and has resulted in the programme being internationally noticed and widely watched.
He has initiated several successful 'Festival of India' programmes in various countries in association with Indian Embassies and missions abroad.
Dr. Aman Iqbal
Scientist | Mentor | Futurist
Dr. Aman Iqbal is a technology and healthcare visionary, who believes in the power of data and its myriad uses in automating the healthcare industry.
A PhD in Chemical Biology from University of Oxford (and also a Wellcome trust fellow making him the youngest PhD in Chemistry from South Asia), Aman has done some extensive research and work in streamlining health data, understand it, and make it consumable by the healthcare industry.
His passion for pushing the boundaries of human understanding of science and merging disciplines in the quest of finding solutions to some of the most challenging problems faced by the healthcare industry has won him many accolades including Primer Minister’s Top 40 under 40 emerging entrepreneurs of Canada to NextFounders, member of the Executive Club of Canada, and Grand Prize by J&J at BiopharmAmerica Conference for best technology and pitch.
Strategic Education Consultant, Educator, NGO Mentor
Suhaditya has a globalized background having lived in various countries and regions from birth.
With full-time degrees from the USA, Japan, IIM Bangalore and currently finishing his PhD in corporate strategy and CSR, he has a wealth of experience in the global investment banking, 0il and gas and educational sectors. Has recently moved back to India and has divided his time between strategic consulting in the funded edupreneur and social non-profit social entrepreneurship space; he brings a wealth of over 20 years of experience in various disciplines, especially in strategy and making startups into viable businesses. Was recently chosen for Forbes 40 Educational Evangelists in India and is an excellent speaker and teacher.
Ex-Chairman, Public Relations Society of India (Delhi Chapter)
Post Graduate in English literature from Delhi University.
Served Indian Railways in various capacity for more than 38 years.
Was heading Corporate Communication department as Senior General Manager with Container Corporation of India Ltd, a navaratna Public Sector Undertaking ,under the Ministry of Railways. Retired on 31st July 2017.
Conferred with Legend Personality of the year - 2014 for Public Relations by News Ink National Awards committee.
Started career as Freelance journalist in 1979