NDIM established its own NSS unit in January 2020. There are more than 80 volunteers in the unit. Any student who wishes to join NDIM-NSS Unit can meet the program officer and join the unit after filling up the registration form.
NDIM aims to develop students to be self-reliant, socially responsible, employable and socially aware about their social responsibilities. In this regard, [email protected] works for transforming the youth force of institute for achieving the objective of social upliftment.
Program Officer: Dr. Shubham Agarwal
Head Boy: Irfan Khan
Head Girl: Prachi Negi
Role and responsibilities of Programme Officer
The Programme Officer (PO) should motivate the communities to involve themselves with NSS for the community development work undertaken by the NSS unit. The Programme officer is expected to inspire student youth to understand the values and philosophy of NSS. The overall function of Programme officer is to help the students to plan, implement, and evaluate the activities of NSS under his charge and give proper guidance and directions to the student volunteers.
Duties of NSS volunteers
- Identify needs, problems and resources of the community.
- Plan programs and carry out the plan.
- Relate learning experience towards finding solutions to the problem identified.
- NSS volunteers take care of Blood donation, cleanliness, child education, health awareness issues, etc.
- Record the activities in the work diary systematically and assess the progress periodically.
List of Volunteers:
|S.No.||Name of Student|
|27||Mayank Singh Bisht|
- NSS Orientation program on 17-01-2020
- Spread the Warmth campaign on 20-01-2020
- Swachhta pakhwada on 29-01-2020 to 06-02-2020
- Blood donation camp on 18-02-2020
For achieving the objective of social upliftment [email protected] is planning the following activities to be organized in the upcoming year:
- Workshop on making handmade mask/sanitizer
- Mass tree plantation drive
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Shikshit Bharat Abhiyan
- Clothes & Stationery Donation Camp
- Workshop on Aids awareness
- Seminar on Thalassemia awareness
- Workshop on Waste Management
- Visits to orphanages/Old age homes